Monday, October 18, 2010

Ta-Ta-Ta-Taylor

Ok, I have a legitimate question that I think some of you could understand where I'm coming from with this: has Taylor Swift really had that many boyfriends that she thought was the one or had her heart broken to write four minute songs about, and only being 21?

What brings this to mind is the release of her new CD coming out in a few days. I brought up my yahoo page to check my mail and I see a story about Taylor Swift and how they wonder if one of her new songs is bashing the maybe relationship between her and John Mayer.

The article goes into explaining what each song is about and how most of them are about guys. I'm not the biggest Swift fan, but I'm not going to lie when I say that I do like some of her songs. The stories behind the songs are usually cute and interesting, something that girls can relate to, but seriously, has she had that many relationships that have gone bad or has she just been making up that they're all about different guys.

I just find it amusing that a girl can have so many heart-wrenching loves before she can legally drink. I understand that we have flings, but her flings turn into her dreaming of an entire life with a guy in her new song "Mine" after he put his arm around her by the water. Everything else in the song was what she imagined their life could have been together. And then the next song is about Taylor Lautner, then some guy she met once in New York after an email they shared, and then to some other guy. Were they all that special? Just curious. They may have been, but it's something I think and wonder about.

I guess we're all different because there is only one person that I've truly felt a certain way for. I know I'm only 19, but compared to Swift, I've got a lot of catching up to do. Unfortunately, that won't be happening any time soon for me because I'm not that type of girl, but I would hate for me to be a guy she dated and have a bad song written about me.. just saying.

Can any of you relate to her numerous loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment