Sunday, October 17, 2010

The place where a kid can be a kid

We're all kids inside aren't we? Well travel back to the place where a kid can be a kid: Chuck E Cheese's. It's nice to go back to a time where all I had to think about was what game I wanted to spend my token on or what to buy with my tickets.

My sister took me there on Wednesday for my half birthday. Don't ask me why, but she feels that it is necessary to celebrate your half birthday and she gets mad when no one recognizes it for her. She bought me a sparkling tiara as well to make me feel like a special little girl =)

We figured out that the best way to spend one token is to get your picture taken, where it's sketched out and printed right there for you. We spend at least 20 minutes sitting there taking pictures over and over again. Goofy ones, cute ones, you name it. This was my only worry; having fun with my sister. Which this is not a worry in itself, just a sense that you need to take a trip down memory lane and remember when having fun was the only worry we had. It's funny to think that when we were younger we used to get upset at not having enough time to play outside or having to go to bed early. Now we hardly have enough time to play at all and we wish we had time to sleep.

Chuck E Cheese is a fun place to be. From the food to the games to the picture booth, it truly is a place where a kid can be a kid. Even though we grow up on the outside, there's still going to be the kid part of us inside, although it might not show all the time. But it's good to be a kid sometimes. Who says that growing up has to take the fun out of everything? We make our own lives, so why not unleash the kid inside sometimes, get in the car, and head to the place with the big scary mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment