Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello, that hurt.

Last night I had a soccer game and I was struck twice in my shin, leaving a big bruise and red marks.
And no, I don't wear shin guards. I can't find my old ones, and usually nothing that bad happens except for a few minor bruises here and there, so I just deal with it.

Well this morning I woke up and my shin hurts when I'm walking. Not excruciatingly, but I can feel it when I walk. I have a small bump on my leg, and this reminded me of my friend when he literally had a bump on his shin the size of a tennis ball. No joke.

I started to think about that and I'm just glad that I don't have a tennis ball sized bump on my leg. I'm glad I only have a minor injury, something that won't be hanging around for long. What I keep thinking of though is how he made me touch that large lump on his leg. My response was "Ewwww no!" But I did touch it. It didn't feel good. He took his injury a lot better than I did, since I was freaking out for him.

Another extremely minor injury that I think you might find amusing is that I hurt my finger. This isn't out of the norm, but I hurt it when I went to kick the ball. I cocked my leg back and some how my hand got in the way of my foot, so my cleats told it to back off by hitting my finger with my cleat. That did not feel good. But I did score on that shot, so it wasn't all that bad. I think it's funny though when I do something as stupid as that to hurt myself. I also cleated myself so many times once in a game on the inside of my ankle that I gave myself a bruise and torn skin, making it rub against my shoe when I ran which didn't feel pretty. This was my fault and no one else. Maybe I should be worried about my safety when I'm around myself. Wait, that's all the time. There's no way I can outrun myself. Oh well, I'll just have to come equipped with padding.

Please, no one be as dumb as me sometimes. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed while reading this, because I could have written it myself. When I was a kid, every year (without fail) I would step off the bus, slip on an invisible patch of ice, and land on my rear. It became a joke with my friends to see how far into the winter we would get before I did this. I am still clumsy today, and often have bruises (even big ones) that I don't remember getting. You are definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete