Monday, December 20, 2010

Some songs

I've been listening to some fun music lately... probably because it just makes me feel good. Upbeat songs... it reminds me of how I used to be, instead of darker, depressing songs. I love feeling good. There are a couple of songs that I like just because they are simple, but they mean a lot at the same time. I guess I don't know exactly why I like them, I just do because it mimics my mood. I know some of these are old... but still, there's not a timer on when you can listen to them.

Fallin' for you - Colbie Caillat
I love this song because it's just so cute. It has a good melody and the words are so true. You want to say something, but then you're scared and we all have those feelings of falling for someone. I feel like I always battle it in my head, like do am I actually falling or am I just making up the feelings in my head to try and talk myself out of it...? But it's adorable and makes me smile. 
Kiss a girl - Keith Urban
Now this song doesn't mean that I want to kiss a girl, but I can relate to it about kissing a guy. There comes a point after your heart has broken that you just want to get back out there and start being happy again. I absolutely love the line about at first you're holding back, then you give in. It is extremely true, but at the same time that's what sort of makes the kiss so special because  you're nervous, but you want to do it so badly at the same time. Just a fun beat that I get into.
Crazy Love - Michael Buble
This song... well I love Michael. I love his voice and his retro style. This is a cute song that I always find myself singing along to. It's pace is slower, but easy to listen to and sway along with.
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
My favorite part in this song is when he is checking out his tongue in the mirror and draws a face in the mirror and laughs. Jason Mraz is adorable and I love his voice. Good song...
Hip to my heart - The Band Perry
This is a new favorite of mine. I like your lips like I like my coca cola yeah, oh how it pops and fizzes - the first time I heard this song that line immediately got my attention. I enjoy the beat and it's funny how people can become so hipped to our hearts... we all find someone like that.
How far do you wanna go - Gloriana
I like this song not only because of the beat but because of the question.. how far do you wanna go? Should we be each others worlds? Should we be in love? How far do we want to take this... it's a question I think about in my head sometimes and it's like should we really be doing this or do we just want to let it go.. 
Put you in a song - Keith Urban
Ohhhh how I love Keith. This is his newest single and I really like the idea of putting someone in a song because most songs I hear I link someone to that song.  This talks about doing just that, but making someone basically into a song and it's great how our mood relates to our music and feelings. When we love someone we want to write a song for them, something beautiful that we always want to listen to and turn up. Just a cool idea for a song. 
Ok, it's alright with me - Eric Hutchinson
Watch this video. Eric looks so cute playing the piano and he gets into the song so much. His voice is interesting and soulful but bouncy at the same time. I love this song every since the first time I heard it. Just a fun song to listen to and I have listened to it countless times. 
The way you make me feel - Michael Jackson
Gahhh, the beginning music makes me dance every time I heart it. Such a great song, I love listening to it and dancing in the car. I just go all out because I feel the rhythm and what to express myself.

So those are just  some of the songs I listen to a lot because I enjoy them. Sometimes I worry about how much I listen to songs.. but at the same time I'm like who cares?! As long as I'm enjoying myself what does it matter, right? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment