Monday, December 13, 2010

e.e. cummings

I saw this on another person's blog and I really liked it. It's a poem from e.e. cummings...


i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing. 
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smoothness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you, 
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh... and eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new

There's just something about this that makes me feel the passion and loveliness of what is written. It's amazing to feel such a thing for a person, to never feel something better than deep and undenying love for another being. I think that the words are strong and I like that he talks about the spine and the bones because sometimes it's the odd things on a persons body that we find the most sensual. It's something different to everyone, but there's just something about that person that makes your heart go wild. I also like how he says the "thrill." It's the heart's anticipation that builds up this excitement inside, that cannot wait for the catch. Something about this just stood out to me. Poetry, or writing in general, grabs certain types of people, and this one seemed to grab me. 

Thank you e.e. cummings, and your strange name that you changed to have no capital letters. I guess that makes me shelly renee nason. no caps. ever. anymore. my teachers won't like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment