Monday, December 27, 2010

The Harold Song



I recently listened to this song and stopped, realizing how true these words can be to someone. It's so easy to play a different part during the day, but once we get in the dark where no one is around, that's when our true feelings come out. We want to look a certain way in front of other people so that know that we're O.K., but that doesn't always mean that they are. They could be breaking down every night because that's when they can let it out. I worry that we can't always see people in distress because sometimes they are so good at hiding it, when all they really need is someone there to help them. Darkness is where we want our deepest feelings to stay, away from the light because then they are known. They are visible in the light and that's the last thing we want for them to be... visible.

I think this happens with everyone because there are always secrets that we keep to ourselves that no one knows. There are some things we feel embarrassed about or just want to keep to ourselves because making it known would almost give away a part of you that you hold so close. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's almost like giving up some of your identity that you don't want people to see. They would know too much about you and that's scary. There's a person now that still knows me better than anyone else and that's scary to me. We can't help what we let out once it is out, so we have to be careful with what we share, but make sure we don't keep everything in at the same time. What I've learned about life is that there is constantly a struggle, usually in ever single situation we encounter, and we have to choose the way we feel is best and it could either be a success or a failure. We don't know which it will be, but I can guarantee that there will be a decision for us to make.

Getting back to the song, I think it's getting out the feelings that we want people to know but we never want to say. It's hard to say that we get weak at times or that we still hold onto memories of people and that's what I like about it. I feel pain in the chorus when she talks about true love hurting. She mentions "young love murdered" which I think I can relate to. We all have our own stories and our own loves, but I think people can relate to this in some way, losing someone or something that kills us inside. I hate thinking about my time of weakness, but it's a part of me and I don't deny that it happened. I just like this song even though it makes me sad. Just thought I'd share this song because I like that through a lot of Ke$ha's interesting songs, she has some that really touch the heart as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment