Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Heart of Life is Good

"Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good"

These are some lyrics from John Mayer's song "Heart of Life." You can listen to the song here if you'd like
I was listening to it earlier and I like how he says that things don't happen exactly how we like it and things will be bad at times, but in general, life is good. And it's true that fear is misunderstood. This song also just has a good melody to it and I love listening to it.

We all have difficult times in our life, but we tend to look down on life and not appreciate all the wonderful things it does for us. I can't say that I always have this outlook, but we have to try looking at it like this.

And fear is misunderstood I believe. Yes, fear is scary and people try to stay away from it. But I think that fear drives us to our deepest desires sometimes because to get what we want, it's never an easy journey.

I guess this post isn't really about a worry I have.. but it's just something to think about. All of John Mayer's songs make me think. They all have so much truth to them, and I think we can actually learn more about ourselves from his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment