Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Focusing

Lately I've had a difficult time focusing on my homework.

Obviously, this is not a good thing.

The weird part is that I've never really had a time where I've had a hard time focusing, so it's a really different feeling to me. I honestly don't know why this has just started for me. I don't know if it's the classes, or just me. I actually enjoy my courses, but the homework to me is just, for a lack of a better word, dumb. It just seems somewhat pointless sometimes. But it's bugging me because I'm starting to have more trouble with doing my homework at night, so I've been waking up at 5:30 in the morning to do it. This way I know that have to get it done soon, so I'm pressured into focusing. Is that bad? I'm getting sick of waking up when it's so early. I spend like four and a half hours with no one around before my first class, so it's peaceful, but kind of spooky at the same time.

I guess I've just been going through some changes lately. To me, time seems to be going by really slowly and I don't necessarily like that feeling. I took spring and summer classes and I liked the fast pace of them and only having two classes to be full time. It was nice to be focused on just a few concepts, instead of five. It's nice to have variety, but it's like my brain is really scattered and I have to keep going over and over what needs to be done for each day for each class. My brain gets a little tired, I'm not going to lie.

It might just be because I've had so much on my mind lately.. I don't think I've had so many changes/stresses before that have bogged me down. I'm trying to get past everything and continue to stay focused and I hope I can do this. I will know for sure by the end of the semester if I could stay focused or not based on my grades =/ I'm trying.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your just burned out on school. I know I've had that feeling during one semester or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe 5 courses is too many? I'm struggling with 4. I'm used to taking 3 at a time, (that's full-time at Baker) so 4 is over the top for me and I'm seriously considering cutting back to 3 next semester. Have you tried talking to someone to help you cut through what may be bothering you? Hang in there! You'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete