Monday, November 15, 2010

Firework


This is one of my favorite songs right now. Katy Perry has really caught my attention lately. I think this song is inspiring to everyone, especially the video, because everyone has something special to offer to this world, whether they think they do or not. We just forget to show ourselves off sometimes in fear of being hurt or embarrassed, but we need to show our colors off more and be the people we want to be.

This is a worry that I think encompasses everyone, that we don't let our true colors show, or we don't let our freak flag fly. I think in order to be happy we have to be the people we want to be. It does no good to pretend to be someone else, and if we really have a passion in our hearts to do something then we need to do it because it will end up eating us away in the end I think. We all have dreams in our hearts and we only live once, so why not go for it all? Let your hair down, be crazy, stick up for something you believe in, fight for the ones you love, make it count.

I'm not afraid to show who I am. I am a dork- I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, I'm a reading fanatic, I love school (which is something not a lot of people say), I love to run, I love energy and having it, I love rambling, I know just about every single line in the entire series of Gilmore Girls, and I working on getting over my embarrassment in a particular area of my life. I like who I am as a person and I hope others like themselves too. We all have a spark in us that people don't see. Don't be afraid. Live like you don't have another day. Be the person you want to be and show others. Hiding is keeping yourself from experiencing greatness.

Baby you're a firework

2 comments:

  1. I love the song, "Firework," too. It's a really good song. I, too, am a Gilmore Girls fan and a Harry Potter fan. I can't wait for the 7th movie to come out. I'm way excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Baby, you're so money and you don't even know it." - Swingers

    ReplyDelete