Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My view

So I just finished the book A Room with a View by E.M. Forster for my 20th Century British Novel class. I really enjoyed it and the main character Lucy struggled at the end between her fiance and the guy she actually loved. There were a few things that I read that spoke to my soul so to say...
"Passion does not blind. No. Passion is sanity, and the woman you love, she is the only person you will ever really understand."
AND
"You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal."
Sometimes I don't know exactly how to feel in my current situation, but I still can associate my feelings with the second quote especially. I can try to ignore it, but the love I had for you will never truly leave me. You were too important to me and you still remain important to me. I know our lives are heading down separate paths, but for a time we had intertwined paths and I never wanted anything different. I have lost you physically, but never mentally nor emotionally. If you love someone you set them free. If I was selfish I would have tried to stop you and beg you to come back. Unfortunately, your happiness means much more to me than that, so I will always want you to find happiness with not matter what or who it is. That is why I think I'm okay with seeing you with someone else or talking to someone else... it's not that I'm completely over you, it's that I can accept it that I'm not right for you and that I need to move on and not dwell on it.

If you do go away to school I will miss you, but I also think you may need it. I haven't really felt this way until now, but I worry about you. I thought you would find success right at the turning point in our lives, but I've watched you and I hate to see you get hurt with things. It makes me feel bad and I only want you to find what will make you happy. Sometimes I wish things were different, but I know nothing will change and I've learned to deal with it. You may think whatever you want about me, but I know that you are always in my heart, always my best friend, always the one who got away. I'll be happy when I see you move on and find a good rhythm and happiness. You can say that you don't miss me, I think about you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment