Friday, December 10, 2010

This is it... well for class

Well the semester is almost done... we turned in our last papers and we left our last class period together. I know some people didn't really like the whole idea of writing a blog, but I really liked it actually. I think it's nice to just have it to put your thoughts out there, even if you don't have a lot of people reading it. It keeps you writing, which is important for writers. You have to be writing constantly. It doesn't have to be something incredibly important, but anything really. And for me, writing out something makes me feel better. I can let out my feelings, and I can choose what I want to share and what I don't want to.

I liked this class because it challenged me. When I would first hear the topics for the papers I was like oh, I can write about this, but then I always found that it was much more difficult than I had initially thought. I had to work harder for the grade I wanted, since I have sort of slacked off a little this semester in general in all of my classes. I couldn't just squeeze by in this class. 

Some of you won't continue to write on your blogs, expressing deep loathing for it, but I think I'm going to keep writing. I like the idea of blogs, although I didn't at first. But it's a good resource for anyone who likes to write or would like to share ideas with other people. It's a little piece of someone, and I like to see personalities and passions come out of people that you wouldn't necessarily know by just looking at them. People have truly magnificent ideas in their heads but a lot of times they're too timid to share them. Blogging is an opportunity for people to say something that they would normally keep inside of them.

When I first started my blog this semester I feel like I was in a very different mind set. And looking back, I think I can see the progress I've made and that's kind of cool to see it documented and right there in actual form. I don't like to see all of my thoughts disappear, even if they don't mean anything to anyone else, so I like that I can keep them safe on here, that they won't disappear in my head. I liked looking at the other things that people wrote about, so thank you everyone for the good reading material :)

I hope I will see you guys in some of my other classes!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the class. It was challenging, but in a good way. I have thought about continuing to blog, too, if it's only just for me. Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing a blog. I love what you have to say about it and I feel the same - "But it's a good resource for anyone who likes to write or would like to share ideas with other people. It's a little piece of someone, and I like to see personalities and passions come out of people that you wouldn't necessarily know by just looking at them. People have truly magnificent ideas in their heads but a lot of times they're too timid to share them. Blogging is an opportunity for people to say something that they would normally keep inside of them." & "I don't like to see all of my thoughts disappear, even if they don't mean anything to anyone else, so I like that I can keep them safe on here, that they won't disappear in my head."

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete